- Institute Homepage
- Courses for Professionals
- Advanced Practice Nurse Fellowship
- Building the Bridge
- Chaplaincy Specialty Certificate
- Program Description
- Course Description
- Program Costs
- Program Registration
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Endorsements
- Critical Palliative Care Skills for Social Workers
- Post-MSN Certificate in Palliative Care
- Post-MSW Certificate in Palliative Care
- RN Certificate in Palliative Care
- RN Hospice and Palliative Care Certification Prep
- Spiritual Care & Mental Health in Chronic and Serious Illness
- The Business Case for Palliative Care
- Contact Us
Palliative Care Chaplaincy
"The most valuable part of the course was my group and all the interactions we had. People responded to one another then responded to the responses. There was much learning that was involved in all this for me. I also liked all the readings." Recent Student
FREE EBOOK! The Institute and HealthCare Chaplaincy Network have teamed up to create this 32-page eBook for chaplains, social workers and others interested in spiritual care related to palliative care or hospice. It’s full of articles and career guidance for those interested in enhancing their professional careers. Sign up to the right.
The California State University Institute for Palliative Care and HealthCare Chaplaincy Network – two leaders in their fields – have created a new online certificate course to support chaplains and other spiritual care providers with the delivery of palliative care to patients and their families in hospitals, hospices, long-term care facilities, and elsewhere.
Created by a team of national experts, the nine-week curriculum strengthens the quality of palliative care by providing a foundation of knowledge and practice built on the applicable areas of the National Consensus Project’s Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care and the National Quality Forum’s National Framework and Preferred Practices for Palliative and Hospice Care Quality.
HealthCare Chaplaincy Network is the leading national multi-faith organization for the integration of spiritual care within health care and palliative care through scientific research, professional education and clinical practice.
In this groundbreaking program participants will receive the training on:
- Educating their respective communities about palliative and end-of-life care in order to prepare them to overcome obstacles to considering palliative care and to make informed decisions about care for themselves, family members, and friends;
- Becoming effective and articulate administrators of spiritual care programs in palliative care and hospice settings;
- Creating and sustaining programs that meet both human and institutional needs;
- Developing the skills needed to become leaders in the field of Palliative Care Chaplaincy through conceptual tools for analyzing and constructing innovative solutions to challenges facing the timely delivery and reception of the multiple dimension of palliative care, especially spiritual care.
|Related Courses You Might Find Interesting
-Critical Palliative Care Skills for Social Workers
-Post-MSW Certificate in Palliative Care
-Spiritual Care & Mental Health in Chronic and Serious Illness
FREE Wake Up Kit!
Free - Oversized Coffee Cup!
Free - Sticky Bookmark Tabs
Free - Flashlight Pen
Just for signing up!
Sign up to the right and each week we'll randomly select one name to get our "Wake Up Kit!"
In addition, you will be added to our interest list and recieve:
- A reminder of when this course begins
- A downloadable brochure on this program (if applicable) to share with colleagues or your employer
DATE: Starts March 31
Education Programs Administrator
Palliative Care Programs
Sign up for our Palliative Care Insights newsletter - "Keep tabs on trends in the palliative care world"