- Institute Homepage
- Courses for Professionals
- Advanced Practice RN Certificate
- The Business Case for Palliative Care
- Culturally Competent Palliative Care for Latinos
- Interprofessional Palliative Care Documentation
- Fundamental Hospice Skills for Social Workers
- Fundamental Palliative Care Skills for Social Workers
- Mental Health Fundamentals in Spiritual Care
- Palliative Care Chaplaincy Specialty Certificate
- Program/Course Outline
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Endorsements
- Post-MSW Certificate in Palliative Care
- RN Certificate in Palliative Care
- RN Hospice and Palliative Care Certification Prep
- Working With POLST
- Courses in Development
- Contact Us
The California State University Institute for Palliative Care and HealthCare Chaplaincy Network – two leaders in their fields – have created a new online certificate course to support chaplains and other spiritual care providers with the delivery of palliative care to patients and their families in hospitals, hospices, long-term care facilities, and elsewhere.
Created by a team of national experts, the nine-week curriculum strengthens the quality of palliative care by providing a foundation of knowledge and practice built on the applicable areas of the National Consensus Project’s Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care and the National Quality Forum’s National Framework and Preferred Practices for Palliative and Hospice Care Quality.
HealthCare Chaplaincy Network is the leading national multi-faith organization for the integration of spiritual care within health care and palliative care through scientific research, professional education and clinical practice.
In this groundbreaking program participants will receive the training on:
- Educating their respective communities about palliative and end-of-life care in order to prepare them to overcome obstacles to considering palliative care and to make informed decisions about care for themselves, family members, and friends.
- Becoming effective and articulate administrators of spiritual care programs in palliative care and hospice settings.
- Creating and sustaining programs that meet both human and institutional needs.
- Developing the skills needed to become leaders in the field of palliative care chaplaincy through conceptual tools for analyzing and constructing innovative solutions to challenges facing the timely delivery and reception of the multiple dimension of palliative care, especially spiritual care.
Register For This Course
Newsletter Sign Up
Learn More About This Course
|Institute Homepage||Comm. Classes/Events||Resources||Newsletter Sign Up|
|About the Institute||Hot Topics||Palliative Care?||News & Media|
|Institute Staff||Prof. Courses||Articles||Contact Us|