Programs for the Community
"Taking Care-Taking Charge" The Institute is proud to be teaming up with community organizations across San Diego County, southern Orange County and southern Riverside County to accomplish two immediate goals:
- Implement a community-wide awareness campaign about palliative care, its value to patients and families, and how to access it
- Provide experts to do direct community education programs and activities about palliative care, advance decision-making, and related topics.
November 9th and 23rd, 2013
Reinventing Yourself After a Loss Retreat
HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR WAY BACK TO THRIVING? - The loss of a spouse, a job, a friend, a family member, or a devoted pet can turn your world upside down. While your world seems to spin out of control, everyone else’s world goes on. What do you do? How do you recover? How do you reinvent yourself after a loss?
Why this Seminar?
Bouncing back after a loss can be a very stressful process but you don’t have to do it alone. This program will help you make caring connections that will support you in many ways. Our skilled facilitator will provide useful information and teach you new skills to help you reinvent yourself at a pace that works for you.
The Curriculum Will Include:
DAY ONE - November 9th
- Grieving –redefined
- Forgiveness – of yourself and others
- Honoring the past while moving forward
- Seven skills to help let go of the past
- Support systems – importance of and how to build one
- What to do with frustration, anger, sadness and other emotions
- Success patterns – how change occurs
- Goal setting - taking baby steps
- Dealing with setbacks
- Formulating a winning plan
- Change your environment, change your life
- Embracing a new perspective
- Celebrating change
Now Only $25 - (Reduced from $175)
Thanks to the support of the Lynne Austin Fund, we have been able to reduce the original price to only $25.
Saturday, November 9: 9:00-4:30
Saturday, November 23: 9:00-11:00
Now $25 (reduced from $175) includes lunch on November 9th.Fee Includes All Materials and Lunch November 9th!
Grace Episcopal Church
1020 Rose Ranch Road
San Marcos, CA 92069